Monday, December 17, 2007

weekend happenings

it was supposed to be a quiet night in cozy hole-in-the-wall bar on friday... that was what the yummy mommy told me... i guess i really needed that after recent bouts of crazy.

i suppose it was kind of a quiet night... as quiet as it can get when the very cute part-time bartender was pouring us vodka limes with the glass 3/4 filled with vodka. and when another regular kept topping up our drinks with more vodka.

that said, it still wasn't crazy. sure, the yummy mommy and i got to play dj and play our favorite dancing songs to dance to. and we had some fun times with the very cute part-time bartender. in fact there were a number of times where he and i were play fighting and he just carried me up. he's very cute... and too young (22 years old) and sadly attached. but it was all in the name of fun and i still went home with my memory intact.

too much of my memory intact i think...

somewhere along the way, the bar manager told me that another guy was not *insert dj guy's name* enough for me. that just unleashed a floodgate of memories of dj guy. as it is, it's really hard not to think of him when i'm in cozy hole-in-the-wall bar (and i love the atmosphere in this bar too much to stop going). to make matters worse, the bar manager decided to remind me once again bout the time when dj guy and i made out for 35 mins in full view of everyone in the bar.

it's just tough. somehow strangely, on my part, too much real feelings were involved for dj guy. way too much than i even dared to admit. so i decided that before the year is over, i'm gonna just try and contact him again. it's probably stupid and pathetic and chances are high that it's not even gonna work. but he means too much to me for me not to give it another try to see if he will give me another try... at least till the end of the year is what i tell myself...

with that, when i saw him online on saturday afternoon, i decided to IM him. he didn't reply for a few hours. which is normal 'coz sometimes when he's online, he's not really online. but eventually he did. and i found out that he just started a new job 2 weeks ago in a club that i used to frequent a lot. well i suppose at least now i know where to find him. even though i'm trying to tell myself not to subconsciously want to go there to see him. that said, i do like that club. at first the conversation was me asking the questions and then i fell quiet for a while, running outta questions. then he surprised me by asking me how was my sport coming along. that's always been one of our topics to talk bout. all in all the conversation was brief. but i'm glad we had it anyway.

and i still miss him...

****

saturday night i met up with my family friend's setup, his friend (who i've met for dinner before) and his friend's wife for a movie and dinner. it was funny 'coz when his friend introduced me to his wife, he jokingly introduced me as my family friend's setup's wife. and we even got a couple seat in the movies, courteosy of his friend. it was actually kinda funny. almost like as though we were 2 couples going out.

not that i minded too much...

my family friend's setup was rather sweet at some points. but i still don't get any vibe if he's interested. so i'm just trying not to think too much and just go with the flow. whatever it may be. afterall i really do enjoy his company.

****

my best friend has been wanting to set me up with her boyfriend's 21 year old friend. she says that i would like him. nevermind that we are totally long distance.

so this weekend she surprised me by sending me a text message with his picture. dang he's cute! she asked me to send her a text message with my picture. i wasn't exactly looking my best but just for the fun of it, i decided to just take a picture with my camera phone and text it over to her. apparently i got a couple of nods of approvals haha! i wonder how many people she showed my picture to.

well even if nothing comes outta this (and i mean we are long distance and he is 21 years old...), it was still fun for that moment...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the blog! adding you to my list of reads!

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

Why did bar manager feel the need to remind you? Maybe he doesnt know the whole background?

Hang in there, maybe you should shift your focus to cute 21 year old? :)

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger jo said...

scotty: and by cute 21 year old you mean my best friend's boyfriend's friend? he's totally long distance. it probably wouldn't really work out.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Miss Pickle said...

I'm glad dj guy at least talked to you this time...

As for the 21 year old...even if it was just for that moment, it's always nice to get a little ego boost! ;O)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home