Sunday, February 24, 2008

look how far we've come

the weekend was spent not crazy partying. well i mean i did meet up with my party girl and the yummy mommy on friday night for some of our usual drinking. except that since i had to wake up early the next day, it was a real quiet night for me.

however, i did actually felt like making up for it on saturday night... except that neither my party girl nor the yummy mommy felt like heading out. and the mind-reader didn't reply to my text either. i wouldn't have minded just chilling out with some drinks with him. but i guess he's just not interested...

but well apparently youthful-looking guy is... he called me at least 5 times on saturday. all of which i missed... either intentionally or unintentionally. finally i decided that i had to call him back. he wanted to meet up, i was too busy. in fact i am too busy for the indefinite future. just before our brief conversation ended, he made a mistake in annoying me by telling me that i could consider dressing more formally and not wearing multiple earrings to work. and if there's something i don't like, it's when people are being rigid. i'm a big fan of the relaxed work dresscode. he might have been even more shocked if he got to know me in the last few years when my job allowed me for a really relaxed dresscode and i sported crazy traffic stopping hair.

****

so i have been randomly flirting with a guy from australia via the online social utility. and i just added him as a friend as well as on my IM. i guess i didn't know just what i was getting myself into...

he has a webcam... and well... let's just say it was the most interesting webcam viewing i've ever had... and while i'm not particularly into that sorta thing and i think he's just another hornball, i have to admit it was all rather amusing.

****

in other news today was my good friend's wedding.

as i made my way there, i texted my best friend...

jo: on the way to *insert good friend's name* wedding and already i'm starting to feel emotional. it's like gosh i've known her for 13 years and she's a good friend and now it's like feeling she's all grown up and i'm also so happy for her. gosh i'm a sap haha!
jo's best friend: all will be fine and you'll make out with someone haha!

i definitely had a good laugh at that. trust my best friend to remind me of the one and only time i made out with someone at a wedding.

well my good friend's wedding wasn't going to be one of 'em.

it was a simple traditional indian wedding ceremony. she giggled at some points and both of 'em looked close to tears at other times. and yet even in the midst of that as well as the flurry of relatives scrambling to take all kinds of pictures to document the joyous occasion, it was sweet and nearly brought me to tears. it made me think of the time when we first got to know each other waay back then. how we used to sit next to each other in class and chatted. time just flew right by. and now she's married. it just seems so surreal to see how far we've come.

i couldn't be happier for her.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Scotty said...

Oooo.. webcaming with an Australian? Sounds interesting to me..

Thats awesome about your friends' wedding!

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to hear more about the webcam!!

Ditto on the rigid people comment. What's up with that??

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

I would kill a fool if they told me how to dress at work. WTF!!!
Unless, of course, it's written company policy.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger jo said...

adatingdiary: bout the webcam... well let's just say he started off fully clothed... and then not? hahaha! and then of 'coz there was the cliche almost obligatory saying of how he wanted to have "hot sex" with me 'coz i have a "great body" haha!
he's pretty cute... but quite the horny guy. is it bad that i'm actually more amused and entertained than horrified and outraged? haha!

the ambiguous blob: oh yes! i hate it when people tell me how to dress or what hairstyle to sport. well i mean i appreciate constructive comments and all, but when i think it's just being anal then i tend to get annoyed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home