Saturday, March 01, 2008

this is how you remind me

it seemed almost like a usual friday night... my party girl, the yummy mommy and i heading down to cozy hole-in-the-wall bar once again for the first time since the renovations.

the place looked different... possibly even better. but even as i saw the changes, i couldn't help but hold on to the memories in my heart and mind.

the yummy mommy brought along her latest beau... a guy who she had described to me as having dj guy's built. i could totally see why. and seeing him walking around the bar made it easy for me to be reminded of dj guy once again.

it was a real good time. a bunch of the regulars came down and it was just like old times.

at one point, my party girl and i were chatting with one of the regulars. incidentally he was the one who was trying to fix dj guy and i up and telling us that we were really cute together even before dj guy and i had anything going on.

he asked me the age-old question... why am i still single? 'coz he raved bout my cute-ness and confidence and couldn't imagine why i was still single. he also asked me if i found my soulmate. if i found myself thinking of a particular someone twice a day. i've learnt to realise that even if i didn't think of a particular someone twice a day, the fact that he was the first person i thought bout when posed with this question answered it all for me.

in that conversation he told me that one of the reasons why i'm sexy is 'coz i seem untouchable. am i really? i mean i almost wanna shout out "touch me, please touch me", though that just sounds wrong haha!

he said that he knew at least 7 guys who have tried to "pull" me (he's brit so that explains the brit slang) but have deemed that they couldn't get through. i'm not sure if he was making it up. though he did seem to actually be counting out 7 guys... whoever they were...

he claimed that he "fancied me" for 1.5 years. well if that was the case then he certainly didn't try very hard, or rather at all. afterall he had my number, he could have easily contacted me to ask me out if he wanted to. honestly i would have probably agreed 'coz i did find him attractive.

therein lies my point. those guys could have just tried harder. i'm not asking for too much... in fact i think that i'm considerably low maintenance and easier to please than most. those guys could have just asked me out. but they didn't. so that just means there weren't interested enough.

later my party girl told me that she was sure that one of those 7 guys he was referring to was dj guy. i knew it myself. there was no question bout it. and i may not have known who the other 6 were... and i probably don't even really care... 'coz that one guy... dj guy... that i cared.

the guy said that any guy who manages to get me will be incredibly lucky. well... dj guy could have gotten me. and in some ways he already did... he got my heart.

and that was when nickelback's how you remind me played in cozy hole-in-the-wall bar... and not rememering dj guy was not an option...

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Blogger Crashdummie said...

"touch me, please touch me"

I knew you were a tad cheeky jo, but this sound too kinky even for you ;)

omg brits are just so cool.. the way they "fancy" ppl and used slang as "pull"... i was like huh when a friend of mine told me i just pulled.

I see your dilemma jo, i always do. If a guy likes you,why doesnt he just say that. if he has been into you for like 1.5 years, why on earth didn't he simply say "I fancy you and would like to know you better"

aaaah! said it 100 times before, why dont they get it. I mean nothing weird with that phrase now is it, no strings attached or anything.

uff, anyway gurley, I hope that we all can find a lad that is brave enought to utter those simple words

cheers!

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger jo said...

crashy: dude that whole brit slang thing you did was awesome. i'd do it too but obviously i suck at it.

and i'm a tad cheeky? only a tad? darn... i was kinda going for a lil more than just a tad haha!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Scotty said...

Why single?

No one has been lucky enough to take it away from me.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger The Ambiguous Blob said...

boys have to be told that you don't have ESP, obviously.
If they don't show interest, how are you supposed to know they like you?

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Ginormous Boobs said...

Wow, this actually sounds like me. A boy will know I like him when I throw him no signals what so ever and completely ignore him.

I have to work on this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home